Who is this?

I'm a fashion addict. Probably much like you. This is my release to show you what I feel is new and upcoming in my world of fashion. I believe that finding your own personal style is one of the most important components to finding out who you are. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Polka Dot Dot Dot!




If Marc Jacobs and Diane Von Furstenberg deck their models with polka dot dresses, then you know it's a trend. Both designers showed us that the polka dot is becoming less cutesy and more chic. Personally, this look is a little too Alice in Wonderland for my taste, but I can definitely see ways in which the look can be incorporated.
When winter comes in Chicago-land, it brings bitter winds and sub-zero temperatures, meaning I'm less likely to bare my legs without some kind of protection. But I love the idea of purchasing some polka dot tights to go under some of my skirts that I bought for fall.


I love the way this girl has managed to incorporate the trend into her casual look. This is definitely something I would wear, and might replicate :)

By the way, I have OPI's Dating a Royal on my fingers right now, and I have to say, it is the most wonderful navy blue color. It's a tad streaky to apply, and it almost takes 3 solid coats to get the full payoff, but I love the color so much that it's worth it. It's almost a bright navy blue. Really gorgeous! I'm not really ready to let go of my summer colors just yet, and I think this is a nice transition into the darker blues, blacks, and greens I'm going to be wearing all fall and winter. And honestly, I love the name. I'm one of those people who is absolutely bananas over the whole royal wedding bit, and for some reason this nail color just makes me happy looking at it.

Polka dots & royal weddings...
Your fashion addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment